(Updated April 14, 2021)
I purchased a galaxy (~nem) several years ago and I'm looking to sell some of that address space. I have a number of "stars" available which are bundles of 65,000 urbit ids (planets). Each planet supports 2^32 devices. There are 4 billion urbit ids (planets) in total.
The price is $7800 per star, firm. I'm afraid I cannot offer bulk discounts because prices are moving up too quickly and I don't really want to unload too many at once. It's payable in a major cryptocurrency that we can agree on or by wire transfer, transferwise, or zelle. Name list here.
Escrow is an extra $100 per star to cover my extra gas fees, only because I have to do two transactions with two gas fees. (To be completely clear, you will be responsible for your gas fee to receive the planet/star).
I have the ability to offer escrow services only if you pay in ETH. Otherwise, we'll have to do it the old fashioned way, however I am widely known in the community and I've delivered many stars without a problem.
The process will generally work like this.
I will also sell a planet (azimuth point) for $20 plus gas fees (Note: At current gas fees, your total amount for gas will be just under $100, less if you are willing to wait for low fees) via paypal, venmo, zelle, crypto, whatever, which basically covers my time and cost (thanks defi!) to run all of the smart contracts to generate one and send it (you can pick the name from these options for an extra $20 : https://urbit.live/~falnem#planets/7, left tab).
And if you happen to be interested in purchasing a galaxy, I have a different one for sale and am open to offers. Serious offers only, please...something that is in the ballpark of 256 x star prices.
As an aside, I have every intention of holding onto my galaxy and providing a full suite of services for the stars and planets under my galaxy. I assume this really doesn't become reality for another year or so, but if anybody is interested in working together on something like that send me an email. Please know that such efforts are likely not going to get rolling until late 2021.
Contact me at [email protected] to discuss buying urbit stars.
What is Urbit and links:
- Developer call about Ethereum prices and options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKuHXrdkIw0
- How to install Urbit on a $5/month Linode VPS: https://jeremytunnell.com/2021/01/09/how-to-install-urbit-on-a-linode-vps
- Lots of great Urbit resource links: https://github.com/urbit/awesome-urbit
- Docker setup for urbit: https://github.com/mogfus-ropduc/urdocker
- Podcast with Galen (CEO of Tlon): https://open.spotify.com/episode/2gAnC44zYVWfL4ByI2N20I?si=FCNLxIDNRA61pFLA8u8Emw
- Technical description: http://www.urbit.org/primer
- Non-technical description: https://medium.com/vandal-press/urbit-and-the-not-so-dark-future-of-the-internet-400c9b667e2
- Another non technical description: https://medium.com/digital-stimulation/about-urbit-part-1-ownership-1a352973a409
- Podcast discussing Urbit:
- Another discussion of Urbit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LE6SAhUdo
- Common objections to Urbit: https://urbit.org/posts/common-objections-to-urbit/
- Interesting interview with Urbit developers: https://castleisland.libsyn.com/urbit-christian-lingales-and-logan-allen-ep17
- Running Urbit on a Raspberry Pi: https://github.com/botter-nidnul/botter-nidnul.github.io/blob/master/Steps_to_Urbit_on_Raspberry_Pi.md
- Guide to breaching your planet: https://github.com/urbit/docs/blob/master/tutorials/guide-to-breaches.md
- Hosting announcement and a walkthrough of the new interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qKe_WZr50
- Urbit developer call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DFuAZQ32Y
- Urbit binaries for Arm64, aarch64: https://botter-nidnul.github.io/AArch64_Urbit_Static_Binaries.html